If I could choose just 6 wardrobe pieces to own, what would they be?
Well, that’s a pretty touch question, when you get down to it. But if I could only have 6 pieces of clothing (excluding undergarments and jewelry), I would have…
1. A nice pair of black slacks that fit you well. Seriously, this is an investment piece. I actually don’t own a pair because I’m not in need of them, but of I didn’t have a school uniform or if I had a job, I would definitely invest in these. Make sure the fit nicely!
2. A great pair of dark wash boot cut jeans. These are a pretty classic style of jean. I’m talking slightly bootcut, dark wash, even without contrast stitching for a more upscale look. Get a pair that hug your hips, but aren’t too tight in the thigh or waist.
3. A plain white fitted Oxford blouse. This is great for layering with cardigans and blazers, it can be work appropriate with the slacks, but more casual with the jeans.
4. A solid colored cardigan in any color. This is good for layered outfits, and can provide a pop of color, like this one in red.
5. A solid color nice shirt that could go from work to night, and doesn’t require extra pieces like a tank top. I have a shirt like that which is purple with some lace details, but any nice yet casual shirt will do. On this one it’s ok to be a little trendy, just make sure it won’t be un-stylish by next week.
6. Last, but not least, a pair of ballet flats. If you’re going for a classic vibe, black is great, but if you’d rather sport something a bit more colorful, that’s cool too!
So that’s it! I hope you like my 6 must-have basic pieces.
Au Revoir! 🙂
***Disclaimer: none of these photos belong to me. However, due to the Internet, I can’t trace their actual owner. If one of these photos is yours and you would like it removed or credit given, please let me know! 🙂